Quo Vadimus


Thursday, July 17, 2003

 

I Like These Records, Do You Like These Records? #009:
Visqueen - King Me (2003, BlueDisguise)



So far, this series has only featured records from 1988 - 1996. Ok, here's a new one and it's my favorite record of this year. I found out about this band while flipping through a recent issue of Rolling Stone. The blurb said something about "power pop" or "punk pop" and cited a female lead singer. That was about all I needed, but I also got the fact that Kim Warnick, bassist for the Fastbacks, was in the band. And but so I found their website and everything seemed to be in order there, and then I half 'd it up for $5.99.

It's 27 minutes of pure, rock-n-roll fun. Get it as soon as possible and listen to it 100 times. Rachel Flotard, lead singer, guitarist, and songwriter, is the real Deal (ha ha - AMG also cites Zander and Pollard, and I definitely get a Pollard vibe on track 3, "Last to Know").

posted by Linus | 9:41 PM

blog-o-rama
film
telly
rock
read
email
archives