Quo Vadimus


Wednesday, August 20, 2003

 

It's execrable on a sentence-by-sentence basis as well as in overall form and theme.

Laura Miller obliterates [Salon subscription* required for full article] the new Chuck Palahniuk novel.

Post-Fight Club, I gave Survivor and Choke a try. Not much going on there. Never made it through Lullaby. Done with Chuck.

*or try this.

Weak response from Chuck:

Dear Laura Nelson [sic],

I have never responded to a review, perhaps because I've never gotten such a cruel and mean-spirited one.

Please send me a copy of your latest book. I'd love to read it.

Until you can create something that captivates people, I'd invite you to just shut up. It's easy to attack and destroy an act of creation. It's a lot more difficult to perform one. I'd also invite you to read the reviews Fitzgerald got for "Gatsby" from dull, sad, bitter people -- like yourself.

-- Chuck Palahniuk

posted by Linus | 8:00 AM

blog-o-rama
film
telly
rock
read
email
archives